Recently we have developed our interview questions for our interviewees. Our goal was to not only highlight some of the misconceptions homeless people experience, but to also prove that those who experience homelessness are human beings. That is why we ask the first 4 questions below, that don’t get into the details of their current situation experiencing homelessness but instead talk about things they appreciate and also allow for our viewers to build empathy for our interviewees.
Our Questions are listed below:
- If you are comfortable, could you first share a little bit about yourself and your life story?
- What are some of your fondest memories?
- What makes you happy?
- What are some of the highlights of your day?
- What are some of the challenges you have faced that have caused you to experience homelessness?
- Could you describe what your current living situation is like, because the term “homeless” has a variety of different meanings.
- What are some of the common misconceptions about homelessness you would like to make others aware of?
- How can SHC community members best help those who are experiencing homelessness?
- If you have searched for a job, what are some challenges you have encountered?
Now all we must do is schedule a date to attend St. Anthony’s and finish a few interviews. This has been somewhat a struggle for us because we all have busy schedules with sports and school so we plan to spend some time on this in the next two weeks. We plan to knock out the recording of around 3-4 interviews each visit to St. Anthony’s.